Turmeric Chicken Kebabs with Yoghurt Dressing
Are you craving a healthy, filling but simple recipe after a busy day at work? Why not try these turmeric chicken kebabs. The warm, earthy, slightly bitter flavour of the turmeric with notes of ginger and mustard will have you coming back for more!
PREP TIME: 15 mins, plus 30mins chilling
COOK TIME: 10-15 mins
YIELD: Serves 4
- 4 small or 3 large chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into pieces
- 130g yogurt (Greek, dairy-free or goat's yoghurt all work well)
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp PureXtracts Turmeric Dry Extract
- 2 tbsp chicken seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Large handful coriander
- 130g yoghurt
- Small bunch of chopped mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients apart from the chicken and peppers in a bowl.
- Toss in diced chicken and leave in the fridge to marinade for 30mins.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the yoghurt dressing in a small bowl.
- Thread chicken and bell pepper pieces onto soaked wooden skewers.
- Heat a slug of olive oil in a large griddle plan over a high heat.
- Cook the chicken skewers in the pan, turning occasionally to cook on all sides.
- Transfer the skewers to a plate, toss over the chopped coriander and serve with steamed rice and the yoghurt dressing.