Whether you know this as gløgg, glühwein, or vin chaud, mulled wine recipes have survived throughout the centuries in cultures worldwide. Our traditional winter warmer is sure to spice up a winter party or a chilly evening by the fire.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1tsp honey (optional)
- 1/2tsp PureXtracts 7 Spice Blend
- Slices of fresh orange and cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Place wine in a saucepan and heat gently over a medium heat. Just before it comes to the boil, turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Alternatively, pour the wine into a microwavable dish and microwave for 2-3 min. Don’t let the wine boil otherwise you'll burn off the alcohol!
- Add honey and stir to mix thoroughly (optional)
- In a separate small bowl, add the 7-Spice Blend with a little water and stir to dissolve. Add more spice blend if you want a stronger flavour.
- Serve in heatproof glasses and garnish with slices of orange and cinnamon sticks.