Seven-Spice Mulled Wine
Whether you know this as gløgg, glühwein, or vin chaud, mulled wine recipes have survived throughout the centuries in cultures worldwide. Our traditional winter warmer is sure to spice up a winter picnic or a chilly evening by the fire.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1tsp honey (optional)
- 1/2tsp PureXtracts 7-Spice Blend
- Slices of fresh orange and cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Place wine in a saucepan and heat gently over a medium heat. Just before it comes to the boil, turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Alternatively, pour the wine into a microwavable dish and microwave for 2-3 min. Don’t let the wine boil otherwise you'll burn off the alcohol!
- Add honey and stir to mix thoroughly (optional)
- Add 7-Spice Blend and stir to dissolve and taste. Add more spice blend if you want a stronger flavour.
- Serve in heatproof glasses and garnish with slices of orange and cinnamon sticks.