Moon Milk is a warm drink traditional drink that people have typically made from a mixture of honey, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, cardamom and cow's milk.. It has been around for generations and is a well-known Ayurvedic recipe to cure common cold, flu and fever. People also drink it regularly to help them sleep. Here's quick simple recipe of Moon Milk which you can make in minutes.
Preparation time: 5-10 min
- 2 cup semi-skimmed milk. You can also use dairy alternative like oat milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp PureXtracts 7 Spice Blend
- 4-6 strands of saffron
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil or Ghee (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon extract to sprinkle on the top (optional)
- Heat the milk on medium-low heat in a saucepan, add saffron and whisk thoroughly for 2 minutes with aim to create bubbles in the milk (you are letting air in the milk). TIP- you can opt for whole milk if you want it to be creamy and don't want to add coconut oil or ghee
- Optional- reduce heat and add coconut oil or ghee and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let it cool down slightly, add honey and 7 Spice Extract and whisk again for 1 minute. TIP- Do not add 7 Spice and honey while cooking as the heat will destroy all the goodness.
- Pour into a mug, sprinkle cinnamon extract on the top (optional) and drink warm